Hi all...long time no see!

For those who are not registered who wish to leave us a note
DinDin

Hi all...long time no see!

Post by DinDin » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:07 am

So glad to find so many familiar folks here.

What happened at the other SBD Support Forum site?
I guess I'm outside the loop as to what happened. I went to find a few recipes about a week ago and got the 'debug' message. I panicked! So many recipes on that forum I use regularly, and no warning (or I missed it) that the site was going down for good. Any way to access them or move some of them over here?

All of the hard work that recipelover and others put into organizing the recipes, just wondering what happened to them?

That said, this site looks like a big improvement in format and options! Thanks so much for making it available! :woohoo: :clap:

RedRox
South Beach Superstar
Healthy Plan Start Date: 01 Apr 2004
Weight Record: 220/180/180

Re: Hi all...long time no see!

Post by RedRox » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:39 pm

there are several other threads around here with info on what is going on with the other board (TOB). Here are the basics:

1. The problem is that there is a corrupted table in the database that runs the forum.
2. The solution is an easy fix IF you have access to the database and the forum software.
3. The only person who has access (the system administrator, sbdiet) is not around and apparently is not checking her known email addresses.
4. It's down until she figures it out and fixes it. Could be hours, days, weeks or months. no clue really. keep trying if you like. maybe it will surprise us all some day!
5. There is no way to transfer anything over because there is no way to access the site.
6. Agreed that the recipes were a big loss. If you have any you have saved, I would start posting them in the recipe section here. It's fairly well organized here by Phase and then by type of dish in the subforums under that phase. If you saved as part of the info who originally posted it, it might be nice to give attribution as well.
7. This site does have a lot of advantages, not the least of which is a forum owner who is present, active, caring and responsive!! :hurray:
Dude: 5' 11" 53 yrs. young
SW: 220-ish -- CW: 180 +- a few here or there...
Started SB: March 28, 2004 -- Still ramblin' along in P3...

Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but rather around in awareness. -- James Thurber

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:45 pm

Hi Redrox,

Thanks so much for the explanation. I tried notifying the webmaster of TOB, but no response there either. Fingers crossed it will get fixed. And I'll post some saved recipes here as soon as I get approved.....which I hope will be very soon.... :whistling:.....hint hint.

ladybugnessa
Site Admin
Healthy Plan Start Date: 29 Dec 2013
Weight Record: 286/169/148

Post by ladybugnessa » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:50 pm

Guest wrote:Hi Redrox,

Thanks so much for the explanation. I tried notifying the webmaster of TOB, but no response there either. Fingers crossed it will get fixed. And I'll post some saved recipes here as soon as I get approved.....which I hope will be very soon.... :whistling:.....hint hint.
since no one is waiting for approval you should be fine.
Nessa

We come to love not by finding a perfect person,
but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:04 pm

Hi Nessa.

Not sure what you mean. I can't access the forums in this site yet.
What do I need to do to gain access?

ladybugnessa
Site Admin
Healthy Plan Start Date: 29 Dec 2013
Weight Record: 286/169/148

Post by ladybugnessa » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:05 pm

Guest wrote:Hi Nessa.

Not sure what you mean. I can't access the forums in this site yet.
What do I need to do to gain access?

did you register?
Nessa

We come to love not by finding a perfect person,
but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

DinDin

Post by DinDin » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:10 pm

I thought I did, but I'll try again.

Return to “Public Postings”