just a few quick question...

For those who are not registered who wish to leave us a note

just a few quick question...

Post by guest » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:49 pm

*do you relize that by eating meat you are existing off of rotting animal flesh?
*did you know that the dairy products you eat are made from milk that is meant to sustain calfs (or the offspring of the animal that the milk is from) and help them gain a few hundred pounds withing the first year they are born?
*did you know that humans are the only mamals that drink milk beyond infancy (not to mention, the milk of other animals)?
*did you know that dairy products contain blood and puss and are beyond unsanitary?
*do you relize that you are supporting cruelty to kind, gentle animals that have thoughts and feelings?
*how would you like to eat your dog or cat after they have had a nail smashed into their brains and are dragged through a bacteria filled slaughter house where they are cut in half while still fully concious?
*did you know more than 50% of the world's water supply is used for the raising and slaughtering of animals? the food that goes to these animals could feel ALL of the starving people of the world.
*did you know that vegetarians and vegans are muc healthier and leaner than people who eat animal products?

....just a thought

monrovianvogue
South Beach Friend
Healthy Plan Start Date: 12 Nov 2014
Weight Record: I have not recorded my weight.

Re: just a few quick question...

Post by monrovianvogue » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:18 am

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a troll, just overzealous.

South Beach Diet is not dependent on using animal products. It's dependent on lean protein, lots of veggies, whole grains, and fruits in the right proportions. You of all people should know that protein comes from many places other than animals. There are many vegetarians who eat the South Beach Diet way, as well as many (if fewer) vegans. I myself have done the South Beach Diet as a vegetarian who only consumed diary and eggs from local, pastured animals.

By the way, you should know, since you are purporting to be educated, that there is only pus in milk if the cows have been subjected to rBGH. Many health food grocery stores, such as Trader Joe's and Whole Foods sell milk from cows not treated with rBGH. Small family farms almost never use rBGH. When you lie and overgeneralize, you hurt your own cause (which I happen to agree with, and you making me look like an ass in front of my friends and hurting our cause really pisses me off).

/soapbox
*:·. So liek teh Ceiling Cat lieks teh ppl lots and he sez 'Oh hai I givez u my only son and ifs u beleevs in him u wont evr diez no moar, k?' Cuz teh Ceiling Cat not snd hiz son 2 take all yur cookies, but so u cud maek moar cookies 4EVAR!".
John 3:16-17.·:* .·:*

Post by guest » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:17 pm

monrovianvouge- thank you for your input! i do know that there are many non-heme protien sources, and I dilligently consume them every day. i have also found through experience that a vegan south beach diet is not practical. I am really glad that someone else supports this cause...although I'm a bit confused, because the information I posted is fact. Sure, maybe only milk from cows treated with rBGH have puss (although I don't trust that fact...the puss gets into the milk because of soar/infected utters that are milked anyway...non-rGBH cows are not in the clear) but how do you know that that yogurt you are eating or mayonaise you are putting on your sandwhich or south-beach friendly entree/desert/whatever doesn't contain all of the nasty stuff that is found in the majority of dairy products? I did not say ALL dairy products, did I? I don't see how I lied or made you look like an ass? but I am really glad that there is at least someone else out there with a heart who agrees with me on the subject.

ps sorry if this post sounds mean....its not supposed to! this is a cause i feel very strongly about, and drawing any attention to it brings about awareness to people who may not know what is really in their food, or where it comes from.

:nod:

Reignking
South Beach Friend

Post by Reignking » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:37 am

monrovianvogue wrote:I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a troll
I wouldn't.

DeePG911
South Beach Superstar
Healthy Plan Start Date: 02 Apr 2007
Weight Record: 174/156/134

Post by DeePG911 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:00 pm

Reignking wrote:
monrovianvogue wrote:I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a troll
I wouldn't.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
DEE

Contentment...to hold onto and let go of everything all at once
~~author unknown

My Journal-Part I

monrovianvogue
South Beach Friend

Post by monrovianvogue » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:28 pm

Just for the record, guys, and I hate to say it, because the poor girl was so obnoxious...

There are only two things she said in that tirade that weren't strictly true: "pus and blood in milk" and "vegetarians are healther". Even those have elements of truth.

Normal milk from the grocery store does contain (pasturized and sterile) pus. However, any milk and milk products from places like TJ's and Whole Foods that specifically says "from cows not treated with rBGH" probably does not contain significant amounts of pus. It is entirely possible that these cows are still hooked to milking machines, which causes severe pain and cause infection in the animals (resulting in pus-infused milk). However, it's not likely that heath stores trying to market to a "crunchy granola" demographic by addressing concerns about rBGH would draw the line there. They usually incorporate basic humane practices which should prevent udder infections.

It is possible to find animal products that originate from an animal that was treated humanely, and to find meat products that come from an animal that was treated humanely during most of its life and killed as humanely as possible (though there is certainly some pain involved, and there are difficult ethical issues surrounding the idea that killing a sentient creature is ever acceptable when it is not needed).

Lastly, it's crap that veggies and vegans are more health. Maybe if she had added "on average" the sentence would be legit, but I'm sure we all know our fair share of french fried potatotarians.

Now I am done and will shut up for the duration unless somebody has questions which can be addressed in ChitChat, my journal, or PMs, so that Trolly McTrollersons can't stir the pot.
*:·. So liek teh Ceiling Cat lieks teh ppl lots and he sez 'Oh hai I givez u my only son and ifs u beleevs in him u wont evr diez no moar, k?' Cuz teh Ceiling Cat not snd hiz son 2 take all yur cookies, but so u cud maek moar cookies 4EVAR!".
John 3:16-17.·:* .·:*

Beeyatch on the Beach
I MET MY GOAL!
Healthy Plan Start Date: 16 Jul 2010
Weight Record: 156/138/135

Post by Beeyatch on the Beach » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:02 am

Unless the vegans and vegetarians have a real understanding of nutrition and how to get enough protein from vegetable sources (and you're right..one can) and to balance vegetable proteins, they are not necessarily healthier. As you said, french fried potatoarians..LOL! Sadly I've known more of those than I have informed vegetarians personally. I do know it can be done..I did it for five years myself, but many appear to think that as long as they don't eat animal products they're doing fine.
Trl=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]Image[/url]

Namaste

DebbyC
South Beach Friend
Healthy Plan Start Date: 12 Aug 2007

Post by DebbyC » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:14 am

or wear them....my personal favorite is the occasional ripping on horseboards from fanatic vegans who then plant their leather clad calves in a leather saddle...
why doesn't that surprise me?

Return to “Public Postings”