Great to see familiar names from TOB

For those who are not registered who wish to leave us a note
lin

Re: Great to see familiar names from TOB

Post by lin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:51 am

I re-started SB in January, and thought I would be able to get support at TOB, and it was out of action! Grrrr. Anyway, in case nobody else noticed, it was up today and I could post a message, but it's the first message since Jan 8 so it seems to have been down again since then. At least I got access to the "how to transition to p2" posts that I needed so badly!

RedRox
South Beach Superstar
Healthy Plan Start Date: 01 Apr 2004
Weight Record: 220/180/180

Post by RedRox » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:22 pm

That post is here in its entirety in the "important things. sticky things" forum. along with food lists, meal planning templates and other popular stickies from TOB.
Dude: 5' 11" 53 yrs. young
SW: 220-ish -- CW: 180 +- a few here or there...
Started SB: March 28, 2004 -- Still ramblin' along in P3...

Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but rather around in awareness. -- James Thurber

Miss Bird (formerly sh1nyblueyes)

Post by Miss Bird (formerly sh1nyblueyes) » Mon May 26, 2008 8:24 pm

i also am back. My name on TOB was sh1nyblueyes, but in light of my recent life events (I'm going to be a year long student teacher intern for graduate school), I have decided to change it. you might not remember me because I was not super active on TOB, but last summer I started the SBD and was so successful - I found TOB to be soooo supportive - just what a girl like me needs. However, due to family issues/high stress/school shananigans in my life, well they got the best of me and i fell off, but i am soooo excited to try again. I will try much much much harder to be a contributing member here! http://southbeachfriends.net/forum/post ... =36&t=1088#

Post by Guest » Tue May 27, 2008 8:21 am

Just to let you know that since TOB has been up and working, this board hasn't been as active as it was. Many of us are back using TOB too, including Nessa.

ladybugnessa
Site Admin
Healthy Plan Start Date: 29 Dec 2013
Weight Record: 286/169/148

Post by ladybugnessa » Tue May 27, 2008 8:26 am

Guest wrote:Just to let you know that since TOB has been up and working, this board hasn't been as active as it was. Many of us are back using TOB too, including Nessa.

I've always posted when TOB went back up. I've never discouraged folks from returning there and leaving here. People make their choices on their own.

FEEL FREE TO BE THERE ALONE, HERE ALONE or BOTH PLACES.
Nessa

We come to love not by finding a perfect person,
but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

recipelover
South Beach Friend
Healthy Plan Start Date: 0- 0-2002

Post by recipelover » Tue May 27, 2008 10:43 pm

I didn't mean anything negative by my comment above. You do a great job on this board. I guess I was just saying not to give up on TOB while it is still working. I appreciate everyone's hard work on this board. I just don't see as much activity as I used to, espcially on the recipe area (wiki).
The same old recipelover from TOB, still loving recipes!

ladybugnessa
Site Admin
Healthy Plan Start Date: 29 Dec 2013
Weight Record: 286/169/148

Post by ladybugnessa » Tue May 27, 2008 11:30 pm

recipelover wrote:I didn't mean anything negative by my comment above. You do a great job on this board. I guess I was just saying not to give up on TOB while it is still working. I appreciate everyone's hard work on this board. I just don't see as much activity as I used to, espcially on the recipe area (wiki).
The thing is this board is very active. We average: over four new members per day, nearly 9 new topics per day as well close to 400 posts per day.

While your focus may be on the Wiki, for most this is a social board and as such the journals tend to receive the bulk of the attention. To be honest, I myself don't really even go to the Wiki all that much. No one has given up on TOB as far as I know, but I do not think it serves the same purpose this board does. I think that one of the reasons there were such problems at TOB before the split was that we were trying to MAKE it meet the need. Now we don't need to.
Nessa

We come to love not by finding a perfect person,
but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Return to “Public Postings”