Reintroduction

Tell us all about yourself
Storming the Castle
South Beach Friend
Healthy Plan Start Date: 01 Jan 2011
Weight Record: 218/215/150

Reintroduction

Post by Storming the Castle » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:03 pm

:hi: Coming back after a several year absence (thanks ladybugnessa for helping me retrieve my username). With the full support and encouragement of my doctors I had decided to have LapBand surgery 2 years ago. Unfortunately I had to wait until 2011 to be approved by our insurance. But then husband's company was bought out in the Fall and the new insurance won't cover it. :fit: I have spent the last 2 years "knowing" that in 2011 I was going to work my butt off (literally!) and finally lose this weight. I knew I was going to be focusing on high protein and veggies and cutting the other stuff. So I have told myself that nothing has changed, I just don't have the physical help that I had hoped for. :willpower:

When I was here before I was pretty much wheelchair bound due to physical issues with my feet. :thumbsdown: With the help of several great doctors I am doing much better. :hurray: While I am back up and around now I am still very limited in my ability to be on my feet for more than a few minutes. My only hope of gaining more stamina at this point is to get the weight off-- much of it gained during the time I was confined to couch and wheelchair. :banghead:

I have joined several on line challenges with friends to help keep me motivated, and provide support and accountability. :computer2: South Beach Friends has so much great information and support so I am happy to be back here to keep me on track and moving the scale down and me more! :crossfingers:

bearbelly
South Beach Superstar
Healthy Plan Start Date: 28 Jan 2006
Weight Record: 202/144/135

Re: Reintroduction

Post by bearbelly » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:26 pm

Welcome back and glad to hear you are taking on the challenge - sorry that the surgery won't be covered - but you will get lots of support here.

BB
Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now!
My Journal

ladybugnessa
Site Admin
Healthy Plan Start Date: 29 Dec 2013
Weight Record: 286/169/148

Re: Reintroduction

Post by ladybugnessa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:01 pm

welcome back

I think you should start a new journal!
Nessa

We come to love not by finding a perfect person,
but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Return to “Member Introductions”